Contact Us

Mail & Money

How to Address Correspondence | What can be sent by mail

Address example:
Inmate’s name and ADC number
Name of unit P.O. Box or street address
City, state and zip code

All books, magazines, newspapers and catalogs must be mailed directly from the publisher, bookstore, educational institution, or recognized commercial or charitable outlet. No food or care packages may be mailed to an inmate. All incoming and outgoing inmate mail may be read, except for privileged correspondence with the inmate’s attorney; federal, state, and local court officials; any administrator of the Department of Correction, Board of Correction, Parole Board; and the media. If properly marked as privileged, the correspondence will be opened in front of the inmate and only inspected for contraband.

Unit Mail Procedures

It is the policy of the Arkansas Department of Correction to permit inmates to correspond with family, friends, officials and other significant community contacts with a minimum of interference consistent with the legitimate security needs of the facility; however, the increasing use of illegal drugs has led to the need to limit incoming paper correspondence.

Effective August 21, 2017, In an effort to reduce the introduction of contraband into our facilities, inmates will only receive a copy of incoming envelopes. Inmates will only receive two sheets of 8 ½ x 11 inches of copy paper, which will include a copy of the envelope and three pieces of the correspondence on the four-sides of the two sheets of copy paper. Only black and white copies will be made, and no cards, larger size paper, or anything else will be manipulated to fit on the copy paper. Additionally, any general correspondence that exceeds these limits will be treated as contraband; the inmate will have thirty (30) days to pay for return postage or it will be destroyed. Please write all letters in dark ink only (black or blue ink), do not use pencils or yellow markers because it will reduce image quality. Please click on the examples below of ink versus pencil scan quality.


How to send money

If sending money via mail you may only send money orders. Please include the inmate’s name and ADC number so that the correct account can be credited. The inmate will notify you of correct form to attach with money order and mailing address. Family and friends can also send money online through the Department of Correction’s website. This method requires a credit card and involves a small processing fee.

Quick Links

Social Media

An ACA Accreditied Agency

Contact Information

Arkansas Department of Correction
P.O. Box 8707
Pine Bluff, AR 71611-8707
Contact Us | Google Map