Contact Us

Payroll FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions: Employment | Training | Employee Benefits | Payroll

Classification and Compensation is responsible for processing employee personnel actions such as promotions, demotions, transfers, and terminations as well as the processing of biweekly payroll.

Contact Information

Contact: Payroll Technician
Phone: 870-850-8531

When will I receive my paycheck?

Payroll is normally processed the Monday after the two-week payperiod ends. Direct deposits are posted at your financial institution that following Friday.

How can I get a copy of my paycheck stub?

Your Unit Human Resources Manager can instruct you on how to obtain a copy of your remuneration statement (paycheck stub). These can also be viewed and printed using the Employee Self Service (ESS) feature of AASIS.

What is ESS?

ESS (Employee Self Service) is a feature of AASIS where you can view and print your remuneration statements. You will need to know your AASIS personnel number (badge number) and your AASIS User ID (contact your Unit HR office for this information). After you know your User ID you can call the AASIS Help Desk at (501) 683-2255 to set up your password and conduct an initial log on.

How do I access ESS?

You may access the Employee Self Service feature online. A tutorial is available on the ESS as well.

Is direct deposit required?

Act 1887 of 2005 requires all new employees of the State of Arkansas to be paid by electronic direct deposit.

How do I find out my leave balances?

Your Unit Human Resource Manager is the person with access to your leave balances. At this time, leave balances printed on your paycheck stub are incorrect.

Am I eligible for overtime?

Employees whose positions are non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) are eligible for overtime. There are two categories of non-exempt employees:

Non-Exempt, Non-Security employees earn overtime (time and a half) for hours worked in excess of forty (40) hours a week.

Security, Non-Exempt employees (Correctional Officer, Officer First Class, Corporal, and Sergeant) earn straight time (hour for hour) for hours worked from eighty (80) to eighty-six (86) in a two week period. Overtime (time and a half) is earned for all hours worked over eighty-six (86) in a two-week period.

The Overtime Reduction Plan went into effect May 29, 2003. Employees are only allowed to earn overtime when:

How can I change my taxes being withheld?

You can change your filing status at any time by completing a new W-4 form and submitting it to your Human Resource Manager or to Payroll in the Human Resource office.

Quick Links

Social Media


A Division of the Department of Corrections: Cabinet Secretary: Wendy Kelly
An ACA Accreditied Agency

Contact Information

Arkansas Department of Correction
6814 Princeton Pike
Pine Bluff, AR 71602
Contact Us | Google Map